School #8 - Peace, Love, & Free Drugs?!?
As some of you know, I just started a new class. I am only one week into it so far but already have a good idea what I've gotten myself into. I was very excited about this class at first. I thought it was going to be like some kind of psychology of color (which I think I'll be taking at some point). This kind of thing has always been really interesting to me. I've always enjoyed learning about the effects music and colors and things like that have on people. Well, after completing my second real assignment (for the second time! - My choice) I have come to a conclusion - THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE DUMBEST CLASS I HAVE TAKEN YET!! I mean so far it hasn't been especially hard, and it normally gets better after the first week, but just for the fun of it, I thought I would share an assignment and part of a comment from the instructor.
Assignment 4: Color Project
By Monday, November 17, 2008, complete the following Color Project and post it to the Discussion Area.Create three separate designs using only circles of various sizes and colors. Be creative with the composition of your designs.
One design should use gradations in hue, while keeping all of the colors at maximum saturation.
One design should utilize gradations in value, while retaining a fixed hue.
One design should use gradations in saturation, while retaining both a fixed hue and value.
There were examples for the good those do on an assignment like this.
I completed the assignment, and received this feed back:
"Your first design needs to be variation in hue. Hue is another word for saying colors. So you need to play with different colors such as blue, green, red, yellow, orange, purple, etc.
The cross image is great for variation in value.
For your variation in saturation, the center portion is correct. You can see tones in the circles. But the rays show some tints, such as light pink. The colors should look muted just like the center circles.
Try not to draw pictures in these assignments. [I drew a tree out of circles for the first one, the cross for the second, and kind of a funky flower out of circles for the third one] Try to create beautiful abstract artwork."
Fine, I didn't quite understand the instructions/know how to do everything on the computer to make it look just right, but I thought the last little sentence was just too good! I gathered from her introduction to herself that she was very much this way, and I wasn't wrong!
So here is the redo of this assignment.



Assignment 4: Color Project
By Monday, November 17, 2008, complete the following Color Project and post it to the Discussion Area.Create three separate designs using only circles of various sizes and colors. Be creative with the composition of your designs.
One design should use gradations in hue, while keeping all of the colors at maximum saturation.
One design should utilize gradations in value, while retaining a fixed hue.
One design should use gradations in saturation, while retaining both a fixed hue and value.
There were examples for the good those do on an assignment like this.
I completed the assignment, and received this feed back:
"Your first design needs to be variation in hue. Hue is another word for saying colors. So you need to play with different colors such as blue, green, red, yellow, orange, purple, etc.
The cross image is great for variation in value.
For your variation in saturation, the center portion is correct. You can see tones in the circles. But the rays show some tints, such as light pink. The colors should look muted just like the center circles.
Try not to draw pictures in these assignments. [I drew a tree out of circles for the first one, the cross for the second, and kind of a funky flower out of circles for the third one] Try to create beautiful abstract artwork."
Fine, I didn't quite understand the instructions/know how to do everything on the computer to make it look just right, but I thought the last little sentence was just too good! I gathered from her introduction to herself that she was very much this way, and I wasn't wrong!
So here is the redo of this assignment.



PEACE, LOVE, and BRIGHT COLORED CIRCLES to you all!! : /
Comments