Finished by Friday
I'm kind of cheating this week, but it IS still Friday and I HAVE posted all three days this week so woohoo for me!
The Princess Cinderella costume was actually finished several Fridays ago before pumpkin carving Saturday and in plenty of time for Halloween. Our sweet princess is obsessed with Cinderella (Yelya) and we couldn't find a small enough costume (besides they wanted waaaaay too much for something that was going to fall apart before we got it out of the store!). Mom to the rescue (I'm usually up for a good challenge.). . . $3.83 in fabric from our local Wal-Mart, a few random supplies I already had at home, and a few hours off my life and she seemed to feel like royalty. :) She'd look in the mirror or just see the dress hanging and say "cute!". Also, clever little tip. . . A couple strips of hot glue on the underside of a satin headband makes the thing stay put on thin little girl hair really well!
And this is one of two valences I put together for a friend. It was actually left over cut off pieces from curtains I had cut off for her to use in a different room so there was very little work involved. Just a hem and a twist!
Also finished my living room throw pillows (technically last week but since I didn't get them finished before last Friday, they roll over to this week. . . unfortunately for you, I'm too lazy to take pictures tonight so I'll try to post those soon.


Comments