Home Sweet HOME!
OK, here's the thing... I have one whoppin' excuse for not blogging for soooo long (technically two but for this blog we'll stick with one.)... Back in May, we moved. After looking at probably a dozen houses over the last couple years, the one we've been looking for came on the market. We wanted something we could fix up and make our own but that was livable WHILE we did so. This little house came on the market as a bank repo in a great neighborhood (just around the corner from our Apt actually) and at a great price! The only catch was that it had been badly abused and neglected by a handful of rental tenants and who know who before that and then left to sit for a few years we believe. Long story short, we boogied our little selves through ALL the annoying paperwork and managed to outbid a couple other offers (withOUT going too high since it needed a LOT of TLC) and within only a few weeks we had closed the deal, mudded, painted, and cleaned everything within an inch of it's life (Seriously! there's, I'm betting, more spackle on these walls now than actual undamaged drywall! You just wouldn't even believe the places there were nails and holes!) and moved all our belongings from the Apt and storage to our very first ever real HOME! Everything happened really quickly with the amazing help of our parents and friends (No WAY we could have done it otherwise!). Anyway, so that's what's been occupying my time... getting set up and doing LOTS of projects and still working on cleaning and getting stuff on the walls and organizing. I DO have a bunch of project completion pics for you at some point (hopefully soon) but for now here are a couple pictures of Closing day.
We arrived "home" straight from the bank to find our sweet friends mowing and tidying up the yard for us (it HAD been mowed a few times before then but not real recently.) so they took pics for us too. :) Please PLEASE don't look too close! Haha! I look terrible in all my 7Mo pregnant-had to get out of bed and have us all ready way too early-didn't get get much sleep the night before, glory. And sadly, the exterior of the house has not been a top priority for budgeted upgrades, so it's nearly the same... And take note of the plant to the left... What we thought was gonna be nice-ish landscaping has turned into "MONSTER HOSTAS" that... well, aren't my FAVORITE thing in the world. :/ (More on those later)
Slave labor... :D No, she is thrilled any time she can get her hands on my broom (she's not right y'all! She has a bit of a cleaning fetish and I'm not kidding!). The angle kinda makes her look like a midget which she's most certainly not, but sadly, she IS quite a bit bigger in just these few months.
And now that's all I have time for right now. Like I said, I DO have lots more project pics to post but apparently getting the projects done is the easy part - the blogging... not so much!
Til next time, (I'm hoping next week but don't hold your breath)
HAPPY HOMEMAKING!


Comments